Friday, August 16, 2013

Wouldn't It Be Loverly

Today has been a glorious day! First off, last night, I made a new friend! Mara, from Portugal. She has been living here in London for the past fifteen years and loves it. We had a really good discussion about how racism is tied to people's accents. For instance, Brazilians speak Portuguese and so do people from Portugal; however, they have different accents within the language. People who actually live in Portugal hate Brazilians... Such crap. Sounds like the States!


Mara!

She said she is the Wild Child in her family... Something we both share ;)

Additionally, last night, I was blessed with something special. A really kind doctor of philosophy bought me a ticket for the play, The 39 Steps. The 100-minute farce involves 1930s British comedy/drama/mystery about a gentleman who gets mixed up with a conspiracy involving the next world war and Scotland's involvement. The show only has four actors (3 men and 1 woman) who all play different characters throughout the show. It was marvelous. Thanks, Dr. ;)


I want to mention two more amazing things that occurred today. I stopped by the Victoria & Albert Museum. Readers, this has been THE highlight of London. I thoroughly enjoyed the exhibits, the art, the deco pieces, the dozens of collections and thousands of period pieces, and most importantly of them all, the theatre and music section. There, they had so many costume pieces from various performances, plays, musicals, concerts, etc. I loved it. 


Beatrix Potter's original work....!

So much money into these artifacts...! Dear church, I don't think gold works in heaven... Let's pawn the gold and enhance the poor's livelihood! Sincerely, I don't really understand...

The other wonderful thing I would like to mention is my all-time favorite movie musical, My Fair Lady. As I was walking back from Hyde Park (BEAUTIFUL), I stumbled upon Wimpole St. Below is a picture:


Although I did not see 27A Wimpole St., I did see 27 Wimpole St.!!! *sigh* Glorious moment...

Another post tomorrow, readers! Cheers! 








No comments:

Post a Comment