Thursday, August 22, 2013

Random thoughts

Last day on this trip. Naturally, I want to stay here. Forever! Haha, but I must return and complete one more year of reading a million pages per week (*crosses eyes*), typing endless pages of what will hopefully be a published article (*nervously caresses fingers*), and working my tail off doing retail (*sarcastic grin*), promotions for the school (*widest grin possible*), and teaching children to speak good (*normal smile full of excitement*). Anyway, as I look back on the trip, I realize that this blog does not cover nearly half the adventures I fought, ran, and laughed through. That's okay, you should have joined me ;)

Here are some random things that I would like to share not really highlighted in other posts:

I about died of laughter when I saw this advertisement... EVERYTHING is being made into a musical

Everywhere you go, you see these bikes for rent. Even in smaller cities! Let's get with it, America!

NOT a condom machine, but rather a "gum" dispenser... You pick your condition (alcohol or smoke breath) and for only 2 euro, out pops the remedy... hilarious

Jasmine, a German gal from the pub crawl in Galway and loads of fun!

Lmao, so true... I noticed that Americans were worse than Japanese people when it came to taking photos! "OMG I gotta put a picture of my half-eaten meal (with a nasty retainer in a glass of water) on Instagram and Facebook and Twitter and YouTube and Google + and also email it to my mom and post it on my blog and send a mass text to everyone else who actually does NOT give a s***!"

At the British Museum. I watched a short video about how these pieces (originally from the Parthenon in Greece) may have been painted. They showed what the pieces may have looked like painted. To me, the color REALLY adds more intense emotions to the piece

I STILL cannot believe that I met these gals (Something and Channing...haha) in Cork and then saw them again in Galway... I swear, I have seen more people at different times and days in different areas and cities SO MANY TIMES! Such a small Island

The music over here is SO anti-commercial, meaning, they do not overplay the current pop hits like in America... American radio stations and DJs ruin all music...

No, I did not carve my initials in Blarney Castle... Someone who knew I was visiting already did ;)

What's Europe without a show... ;)



These drag performers were the best I have ever seen

Well, readers, I am all out of adventures. Watch, within the next 24 hours, I will have met Meryl Streep and joined her at the set of her latest movie, eaten dinner with a member of the mafia out of force, escaped the mafia just in time to catch Riverdance, and had breakfast with a homeless man who used to work for the Prime Minister of England. Haha, maybe... you never know. 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment